Accounting firms are exploring ways to add services outside the typical financial and accounting arenas. By partnering with Nelson Engineering you will strengthen relationships and offer additional valuable services to your clients. Promoting your ability to provide cost segregation services will also provide you with the edge to attract new engagements and increase your profitability.
If your client owns developed real estate valued at $800k or more (excluding land cost), you may be in a position to help them realize significant tax savings and an increase in cash flow through a cost segregation study (CSS). Nelson Engineering can maximize inherent tax benefits by identifying and segregating building components into personal property and land improvements rather than real property (shorter MACRS depreciation categories).
To help you determine the feasibility, we provide a free acceleration estimate after receiving a completed simple (one-page) questionnaire about the target property
Nelson Engineering can maximize inherent tax benefits by identifying and segregating building components into personal property and land improvements rather than real property (shorter MACRS depreciation categories).
Most CPA firms do not have the engineering or architectural experience required by the IRS to perform a CSS. The Nelson Engineering team will work with your firm to create substantial tax savings for your client while respecting your relationship. We prepare the entire CSS report and use a teaming approach on engagement and exposure in the final report (if desired).
- Lowered taxes.
- Exceptional return on investment.
- Increased profit and cash flow
- Timely, efficient and seamless participation by a team with a proven record of honoring and strengthening client relationships.
- Identification and documentation of assets by on-staff specialists in tax law, engineering and construction who are trained and experienced in hundreds of cost segregation studies.
- Asset review, classification, research and reporting by experienced cost segregation tax CPA's and engineers to assist in serving the best interests for your clients.
- The CSS must be performed by a qualified individual with knowledge of engineering, cost estimating, tax law and accounting. This approach will result in a study that maximizes the tax benefits of the study, while conforming to IRS regulations. Nelson Engineering has completed over 500 CSS reports (on every type of commercial property) and has been tested under audit scrutiny (retaining 98% of the assignments).