Nelson Engineering Company provides a complete array of environmental engineering services for both aerospace/industrial and commercial property. These include Compliance and Permitting, Contamination and Remediation, Real Estate, and Solid Waste services for federal and local governments and private clients. We are also a national leader in providing cost effective environmental services to Small Business clients in the industrial and manufacturing sectors.
The Nelson Engineering Co. approach takes all facets of the problem into account, considers the implications to the business, and determines the outcomes of the possible solutions. We provide high-quality, cost-effective, practical solutions that meet the particular needs of the customer. Each project approach is tailored for the customer and to our specific customer's needs, facility characteristics, and local or state requirements.
Nelson Engineering Co. is performing engineering analyses and evaluations of health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues associated with sour gas extraction and acid gas reinjection for gas reserves. Work is being performed in the United Arab Emirates and other locations. We are analyzing the capacity of the underground reservoirs to handle reinjection pressures of up to 6,000 psi and 500 million cubic feet per day (MMCFD) of acid gas containing hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide. We assist our clients in analyzing the capacity of the underground reservoirs to handle the needed reinjection pressures and volumes as well as assessing risk to the local communities and native flora and fauna.
The following is a summary of the environmental engineering services we provide.
- Air Permits - Title V, State, and Local
- Industrial Wastewater, NPDES, CWA Section 404 Permits
- Stormwater Permits
- Hazardous Waste Permits
- Multi-media Regulatory Compliance Assessments
- Multi-media Regulatory Compliance Improvement Plans
- Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Development of Recordkeeping and Reporting Systems
- Development of Compliance Guides or Plans
- Emergency Response Plans
- Accidental Release Risk Management Plan Preparation
- ISO 14000 Implementation and Compliance Assessments
- Hazardous Waste Satellite Site and Tank Inspections
- Environmental Safety and Occupational Health Audit Inspections and Recommendations
Contamination and Remediation Services:
- Complete contamination assessments
- Recommended actions including remediation, no-action, or site monitoring
- Liaison to the appropriate regulatory agencies and remedy negotiations
- Remediation project management
Real Estate Services:
- Environmental risk analysis associated with a real estate property transaction
- CERCLA due diligence requirements
- Phase II Contamination Assessment and Remedial services
A partial list of our clients includes:
- The Boeing Company (Delta II and Delta IV Programs at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station): Multi-media compliance assistance, auditing, permit development, waste database development, compliance guides, groundwater contamination modeling, pollution prevention assessments and environmental consulting services.
- Ryder Scott Company, Petroleum Consultants: Assessments of environmental issues and compliance with standard industrial practices for natural gas reserves in the Yashlar Exploration Area, District of Mary, Turkmenistan and the Kashagan oil and gas exploration and development program in the north Caspian Sea, Republic of Kazakhstan.
- United Space Alliance (Kennedy Space Center): Air and water permitting services, contamination assessments and removals, permit compliance guides and environmental and regulatory consulting services.
- Lockheed Martin (Atlas V Program at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station): performed waste water permitting at SLC 41 for Atlas V. Project included washdown water sampling and testing for FDEP permitting
- Prepare required annual environmental operating reports and Title V permits for local businesses. Examples include Apollo Marble, Polyguard Products, and Ocean Reef Pools).
Solid Waste Services
Solid waste management is always a major challenge. No one really wants to have a landfill next door to his or her property. This is commonly referred to as the NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) syndrome. However, we, as people, continue to generate large amounts of solid waste, including household garbage and construction and demolition debris, which needs to be properly disposed. Landfills are a valuable part of an integrated approach for proper handling of solid waste. Consistent with a sustainable development philosophy, we should all strive to reduce the amount of waste that each of us generates and try to recycle as much as we can.
When performing solid waste work, Nelson Engineering Co. always tries to balance the customer's needs along with those of the community and the local citizens when applying sound engineering principles in order for long term success. Nelson Engineering Co. provides a wealth of services in support of the solid waste industry.
Examples of the type of services we provide includes:
- New site permitting (solid waste, storm water, and local land use approvals)
- Geotechnical and hydrogeological investigations
- Permit modifications
- New technology application for recycling opportunities
- Site design (operable cells, storm water management, cut and fill balance, leachate control, closure plans, etc.)
- Groundwater monitoring plan development
- Third party financial assurance cost estimates
- Quarterly and semi-annual groundwater monitoring (sampling, analyses and regulatory reporting)
- Developing site specific operations and training plans
- Life span analyses and economic analyses
- Land use consulting and public relations
Nelson Engineering Co. has provided solid waste engineering, permitting and consulting services to federal and local governments and private clients.