Facility System Commissioning
Nelson Engineering Company provides various start-up and commissioning construction engineering services. These include Equipment Commissioning (EQC), Construction Activation and Turnover, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Construction Management (CM). We understand not only the need for systems to perform interactively according to documented design intent, but also the importance of effective turnover of assets to the end user with the robust maintenance program and thorough library of information required to operate and maintain the systems and equipment.
Equipment Commissioning (EQC):
Our Specification Section 01811 compliant EQC program was pioneered on NASA / DoD contracts and tailored to meet DoS / OBO needs based on our corporate best practices.
Our EQC process conforms to the three-guideline approach developed collaboratively by industry standard associations and endorsed by professional commissioning organizations.
- ASHRAE/NIBS Guideline 0-2005
- ASHRAE/NIBS Guideline 1-2007
- NIBS Guideline 3-2006
- Template Plans, Forms, Pre-functional/Functional Checklists and Reports
- Work Plan and Schedule Tailoring
- Trained, Degreed EQC Engineers
Construction Activation and Turnover:
Nelson Engineering provides post-design services as part of our cradle-to-grave approach to project implementation. Coordinating successful task execution with project managers ensures seamless transition of duties to the Owner's O&M organization.
- Validate/Document Final Acceptance
- Record Documents and Final Submittals
- O&M Documentation
- Preventive Maintenance System Development
- CMMS: Baseline Work Orders for Windows (WOW) or MAXIMO
Nelson Engineering is a leader in the implementation of RCM services. Our process conforms to industry standard SAE JA1011 guidelines and meets the SOW Section C.2.1.4 (RCM Manual) requirements in SED NEC contracts.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA)
- Criticality Analyses (CA)
- Maintenance Program Planning and Development
- QA and Preventive Maintenance Checklists
- Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Task Evaluations
Quality assurance is imperative to providing effective turn-key project solutions. Engineering surveillance and inspection ensure construction techniques meet all aspects of design intent. Our CM services include:
- On-Site Construction Oversight
- Plans and Specifications Validation
- Rework Identification and Resolution
- Contractor RFI support
- Redline/As-Built Drawing Generation
- Mumbai, India NEC (FY05 Project). The primary contractor was Yates/Desbuild. Nelson Engineering was in charge of the Reliability Centered Maintenance. Off site commissioning work began in June of 2008. This included final commissioning plans, test plans (pre-functional and functional), and followed up with on-site CX support.
- Johannesburg, South Africa NEC (FY06 Project). The primary contractor was B.L. Harbert International. Nelson Engineering was in charge of the Reliability Centered Maintenance. Off site commissioning work began in June of 2008. This included final commissioning plans, test plans (pre-functional and functional), and followed up with on-site CX support lasting approximately 6 months.