Operations and Maintenance Engineering
Since our founding, Nelson Engineering Co. has provided facility and maintenance management services in support of our clients. Much of our work has been in support of government agencies. We have direct experience with US Air Force, US Navy and NASA facility maintenance standards and requirements. We are also currently providing O&M Engineering services for the Overseas Building Organization (OBO) at American consulate compounds in Johannesburg, South Africa and Mumbai, India. Similarly, our engineers have a substantial amount of experience in the public sector and specialize in implementing improved operations, maintenance and organizational technologies throughout industry.
The types of operations and maintenance engineering work we perform include:
- Performing facility condition assessments (FCA) to identify deficiencies so that corrective actions can be budgeted, planned and programmed
- Applied Systems Maintenance Engineering (SME)
- Assisting in implementing predictive maintenance approaches
System reliability assessments including
- Failure root cause analysis using Failure Modes and Effects (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Developing Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs for facilities and equipment
- System Assurance and Hazard Analysis
- Selecting and implementing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Integrating CMMS systems with enterprise-wide suites with logistics and cost control features
- Performing long-range maintenance planning and work prioritization
- Performing configuration management audits of critical systems to ensure the in-field system matches released and approved engineering
- Performing engineering cost segregation studies in support of accounting firms (see Cost Segregation Study Services for more information)
- Assisting clients with implementing ISO 9001 quality management and ISO 14001 environmental management performance systems
- Developing metric factors to measure and improve performance.
Nelson Engineering has a proven track record in both the public and private sectors. Our diverse staff of engineering professionals is well prepared to meet any facility operations and maintenance challenges.